Baby Photography Glasgow | Top Tips for Photographing Your Baby
Kids grow up so fast, we all want those memories that we can cherish for a lifetime Photos are an excellent way to preserve the memory, not only for you but for your child when they’re older too.
Here are some tips on how to take professional looking photos of your baby, as well as where to go if you want to hire a professional for baby photography Glasgow.
Turn the Flash Off and Use Natural Light
Natural light is great for flattering people in photos. Turning the flash off opens up more opportunities for candid photos and won’t hurt your baby/toddlers eyes.
- Capturing a photo in non-direct natural light will create a soft shadowing effect, which will add a lot more dimension to your photos
- Facing your child straight on with light coming from the front creates a soft, shadow-less picture
- A backlight behind your child will enhance any colours and in the image and create a bright backdrop
Get to Know Your Camera
Cameras these days are normally go through a fully automated process to take a photo. This may be good for convenience but you may not be getting the most out of your photos. Getting to know the settings on your camera will give you more creative shots. Look at your cameras manual (if you’ve thrown it out- as many people have – you should be able to find it online).
- Learn how to turn the flash off, natural light is better.
- Learn if you can get manual control of the aperture settings. The aperture is the size of the opening of the lens, the wider the aperture the shallower the depth of field the image will be. This will allow you to get a professional looking photo, that has a softly blurred background with your baby as the focal point.
- Play around with the shutter speed of your camera, the faster the shutter speed the easier it will be to catch images at the perfect moment.
Posed photos are nice, but they have a time and a place. Candid photos will allow you to capture your child playing, reading or drawing etc. This will allow you to capture precious, real-life moments.
Instead of asking your child to say cheese, wait for genuine smiles, the photographs will be 100% better and more meaningful.
Don’t Leave Home Without a Camera
Never have an “I wish I had my camera” moment again. Bring your camera everywhere you go to ensure that you can capture every special moment.
Hire a Professional for Baby Photography Glasgow
If you want high quality and stunning baby photography Glasgow, the best thing to do is to hire a professional baby photographer. No one will quite be able to capture photos like a professional photographer. Getting a photoshoot will also take you away from behind the camera and be able to get involved in the shoot so you and your baby can share memories that will last a lifetime.